Cakes always reminds me of my childhood, I used to help my mom in whisking the cake batter. Ahh cake batter tastes toothsome as well. I always had little batter without mom’s knowledge, which my mom never noticed. That’s a secret shared now, I must tell this to my mom, I am giggling now.
The cake that is baked in Bundt pan is like a ring/doughnut. Traditionally cakes were baked in Bundt pan. This pan has a central tube in the centre, because of which cake gets heat evenly and bakes faster compared to round cake, and the baked cake would be in ring shape.
We can get different varieties of Bundt cake pans like silicon, non stick and aluminium and in different sizes.
Here comes my cute aluminium bundt pan with diameter of 8.5 inch which I bought in Hyderabad market for less than Rs. 200 some 5 years back which can be used on gas stove. The one my mom has is little bigger than this. This bundt pan comes along with a base plate wherein we can either put sand or salt, it prevents the bundt pan from direct heat.
- Place the bottom plate with soil on low flame for about 5 min. This is for pre heating the bottom plate.
- Pour the prepared cake batter in the bundt pan, tap the cake pan on kitchen slab to level the batter, and place it on the pre heated bottom plate. Cooking time varies depending on the flame and cake pan size. For my pan it takes around 20 to 25 min to bake cake.
- Cover the pan with lid.
- Put the flame on high for 2 min and on low for 10 min, when cake is half done, turn the pan 180 degrees, so that cake gets even heat. Another 10 min and cake is done.
- Check by poking a tooth pick or knife in the cake till the bottom, if cake is done, tooth pick/knife comes out clean, id not bake for another 2 to 5 min and check again. Repeat checking until knife comes out clean.
- Turn off the gas, once the cake cools down a bit, when it is still warm, turn the pan upside down onto a plate to demold from cake pan.
See you with more cakes and baking options.