Round cake is perfect for any occasion. Perfect solution without oven is a pressure cooker to bake cake. We can bake either a nice round or square or any other shape depending on cake tin shape. This recipe is similar to the one I posted earlier for bundt pan, I have provided step by step procedure with pictures below.
Condensed milk – 1 tin/400gms (I prefer to use Nestle Condensed milk)
Butter/Oil – 1 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1tsp
Maida/all-purpose flour – 1 and 3/4 cups
Baking powder – 2tsp
Soda Bicarbonite – 1tsp
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Pressure Cooker – check here for more details on how to bake in Pressure cooker
- Spread soil at the bottom of cooker, place a rack, our cooker is ready for baking.
- Grease the cake pan with oil and dust with sugar. This gives a nice caramelized sugar crust for the cake.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and keep it aside.
- Whisk all the Wet ingredients together, either whisk with hand or use a mixer grinder.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture, whisk until you get a dropping consistency, add water if required. Half to 1 cup water might be required. If using a mixer grinder, run only for 2 seconds and check, if not done properly run for another 2 seconds.
- Pour the batter into cake pan, tap the cake pan to level the batter, and place it in the cooker. Close the cooker with lid(remove the gasket and whistle). Cooking time varies depending on the flame and cake pan size.
- Put the flame on high for 3 min, and on low flame, bake for about 25 min or when the cake is half done, turn the cooker 180 degrees, so that cake gets even heat. You will get approximate time for baking after baking once in cooker. It took about 50 min for cake to bake since the pressure cooker was not preheated.
- Check by poking a tooth pick or knife in the cake till the bottom, if cake is done, knife comes out clean, if not bake for another 5 min and check again.
- Turn off the gas, once the cake cools down a bit, when it is still warm, turn the pan upside down on to a plate to demold from cake pan. Let it cool and enjoy cake.
Fluffy round cake!
Points to remember:
- Place soil at the bottom instead of water in pressure cooker.
- Don’t forget to remove gasket and whistle from cooker lid.