Couple of years back I shifted to Kerala, I was very excited to see all the greenery and beaches. At the same time, I had to deal with issues of hair and skin due to humid weather. I couldn’t run fingers down my hair, forget about comb, they were all tangled and frizzy. I just used to brush my hair on top and leave the rest. I didn’t really know what I should be doing.
Then I met my hair angel Divya aka Curlacious lady(she calls herself, cute name though). I didn’t really meet her; we work together but from different locations. She has a blog called Curlacious for Indian Curly and Wavy Hair Care, I have been following her blog, and I am on transition phase with my hair care routine. Thank you Divya for all the tips.
I got inspired to start a blog because of her as well, she has encouraged me a lot, I always get positive vibes with her. Lot more to tell about her, maybe I should write a separate post about her in future. For now, I dedicate this post to you Divya on this Friendship day, and thank you for the wonderful gifts that you sent me, yeah she was so sweet to send me some gifts.
Recently I have published a post on RiShiFlax Liquid Soap, here I have come up with another recipe which can be used as shampoo for hair or as face wash or body wash.
RiShi Powder: I have mixed together ritha and shikakai powder in 1:1 ratio, and I call it as RiShi powder in the post.
- RiShi Powder: 3 table spoons
- Flaxseed seeds: 2 table spoons
- Cloth as strainer
- Sauce pan
- Iron or nylon strainer
- Almond oil: 5 drops(this is optional)
- Bottle to store gel soap.
- Take about 3 table spoons of RiShi powder and soak in about 9 ounces of water overnight. Let it brew, RiShi powder would sink to bottom and there will be clear liquid. (instead it can be boiled for 5 to 10 min and let it rest until RiShi powder would sink to bottom)
- Strain this liquid into Sauce pan with the help of cloth and add 2 table spoons of flaxseeds.
- Let this mixture boil for 5 to 10 min on low flame. Check by taking a drop on to index finger, and try touching with thumb, if the consistency is sticky, our soap is ready. Be careful as it will be very hot.
- Strain this liquid with iron or nylon strainer and add few drops of almond oil and whisk well.
- Let it cool and store in a bottle in refrigerator and use it within couple of weeks.
If you are already aware of how to make flaxseed gel, replace RiShi liquid in place of water, and your gel soap is ready to use. RiShiFlax gel soap can be used either as shampoo for hair or body wash or face wash. Read here for additional tips(notes) on how to make RiShiFlax.
Click here for tips on how to shampoo hair.
This gel soap is sufficient for about 3 hair washes for my shoulder length hair. You can adjust the Rishi powder in the recipe depending on your hair length. Since this is very mild soap there will be hardly any lather, however you can be assured that it cleans scalp pretty clean. It will take some time until you get adjusted to the feel of it without much lather. And if you consistently use this, you will see a gradual reduction in hair fall.
RiShiFlax Gel soap when used as face or body wash, leaves your skin soft and moisturised. Pamper your skin with this gel soap.
Do let me know your comments if you have tried this recipe.
Happy Friendship Day!