I have started to incorporate yogurt as my mid-day meal. Yogurt parfait is a super food with fruit combination. This can be made in a jiffy, no hassles of cooking. All you need are yogurt and few pre cut seasonal fruits and spread them in layers in a glass. Check post on Healthy Skin with Yogurt.
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 table-spoon
- Pomegranate – 1
- Guava – 1
- Apple sauce -1/2 cup (apple sauce recipe)
- Add a table-spoon of milk to yogurt and whip them until you get a creamy consistency, keep in refrigerator for half an hour or more.
- Take a tall glass.
- Layer at the bottom with yogurt and layer with pomegranate, apple sauce and guava on top of yogurt.
- And the final layer would be yogurt again and top it with pomegranate.
- Let it rest for half an hour in refrigerator, serve chilled.
- If you don’t like plain yogurt and have a sweet tooth, add a spoon of sugar to yogurt while you whip yogurt.
- Adding milk helps in reducing sourness in yogurt.
- If the glass is tall, repeat layers again starting with yogurt, my glass was small I couldn’t repeat the layers again.
- Depending on your taste, serve it chilled or at room temperature.
Enjoy this super food!