It’s been more than 2 years that we moved to Kerala, one would definetly fall in love with the greenary here. Recently we have been to a place called Wayanad, it was such a nice relaxing trip.
The climate in Kerala is humid and it is like onset of summar all round the year other than the rainy season though. Because of the humidity I sweat all the time. With normal creams I feel heavy when applied on face and at the same time cannot leave skin without a moisturiser.
A while ago, I got aloe vera gel for hair, to tame fly aways, only then it struck my mind to use aloe vera gel for face as well. It was good, but I needed little more moisture. I have used it for quite some time for skin and then got an idea to incorporate a bit of oil, what luck, when I tried it was awesome. Read through the notes for tips on customizing cream.
- Aloe vera gel – 2 spoons
- Sweet Almond Oil – 1/2 teaspoon
- Vit E Capsule – 1
Mix all the ingredients together and store in a clean sterilised jar. Tada! Cream is ready.
Aloe vera gel: Soothes skin and has anti-bacterial properties.
Almond Oil: Easily gets absorbed in to skin and is non-greasy, also aids in reducing blemishes.
Vit E: To fight off free radicals and reduce wrinkles.
- The quantity of ingredients can be adjusted per personal choice. Add more oil to make it more moisturising or reduce oil to make it light.
- I have used store brought aloe vera gel, perhaps we can use fresh aloe vera gel. If using fresh aloe vera gel, make cream for every 2 weeks and store it in refrigerator.
- Use cold pressed sweet almond oil.
- Always do a patch test before using any product.