These days I am on DIY craze and this time it’s a chap stick and this craze will continue in the coming days as well. This been in the list to post since a long time some how didn’t get time to click a pic of chap stick. I am glad I did it at last.
All the ingredients used to prepare chap stick are all natural, with no side effects. The ingredients required are in very little amount. If you wanna try this, buddy up with a friend and buy the ingredients. That way you can share the expense or can try making a DIY lotion with the remaining ingredients. These ingredients are available at ebay.in
- Beeswax: 1 tsp
- Shea butter: 1 tsp
- Almond oil/Coconut oil: 1 tsp
- Vit E capsule – 1
- Take Beeswax, shea butter and any oil in 1:1:1 ratio, warm them up in a double boiler until the oils melts and blend together.
- Add the vit E capsule to the hot oil, give a stir.
- Pour the oil in to empty chap stick container, or into a small tub and place in the freezer for half an hour, just to speed up process.
Beeswax: Helps the chap stick to stay in solid state at room temperature.
Shea butter and Almond oil/Coconut Oil: Moisturises lips.
- Double Boiler Method: Take water in a pan and place it on stove, place a small bowl with beeswax, shea butter and oil in water. Let it heat on a low flame until oils melt down.
- Chap stick container: Can use cleaned empty lipstick or glue stick container or a tub.
Go ahead and try all your favourite lippies on your soft lips.