I hope everyone is enjoying the first showers of monsoon, I have bid farewell to this summer with mango kulfi:), oops I missed to take pics, so… couldn’t make it to blog:(. It was first time that I tried kulfi and it turned out pretty well, may be some other time I will make and write a post on it. Welcome this monsoon with this super awesome basic cake with custard flavor and enjoy your rainy evening with a slice of cake and a cup of tea with your loved ones, ahhhh sounds like heaven. Try this basic recipe of cake with eggs and impress your friends and family.
Custard Cake Ingredients:
- Sugar: 1 and 1/2 cup
- Cardamom – 3(without husk)
- Eggs: 4
- Butter/Oil – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Maida/all-purpose flour – 3 cups + 2 tbsp for dusting
- Baking powder – 2tsp
- Custard powder – 2tsp
- Tuity Fruity – 1/4 cup(optional)
Bundt pan/Cooker – here I have used bundt pan
- Grease the bundt pan with oil/butter and dust with maida, we will pour the batter into it once it is ready.
- Place the bottom plate of bundt pan with soil on gas stove at low flame. By the time we prepare the cake batter, plate will be preheated.
- Powder the sugar along with cardamom and keep it ready.
- Step1: Take a bowl and add oil and sugar powder and whisk it well.
- Step2: Add 4 eggs to the bowl and whisk well.
- Step3: Sieve the dry ingredients(Maida, baking powder and custard powder) into bowl.
- Step4: Whisk until you get a dropping consistency, add water if required. Batter was little tight, I have added quarter cup of water.
- Step5: I had a little bit of tuity fruity at home, this is optional, you can skip this completely. Take tuity fruity into a bowl add a spoon of maida to it mix well so that flour is coated on the tuity fruity. Coating tuity fruity with flour prevents tuity fruity from settling at the bottom of cake.
- Step6: Add the flour coated tuity fruity to the batter and mix one final time.
- Step7: Pour the batter into cake pan, tap the cake pan on kitchen slab to level the batter and remove if any air bubbles, and place it on the preheated bottom plate with sand and close the lid. Cooking time varies depending on the flame and cake pan. For my pan it takes about 20 to 25 min to bake cake.
- Put the flame on high for 2 min, and on low flame for 10 min, when the cake is half done, turn the cake pan 180 degrees, so that cake gets even heat. Another 10 min and cake is done.
- Step 8: Check by poking a tooth pick or knife in the cake till the bottom, if cake is done, it comes out clean, if not bake for another 2 to 5 min and check again.
- Step 9: Turn off the gas, once the cake cools down a bit for 5 to 10 min, when it is still warm, run the knife through sides of the cake and turn the pan upside down on to a plate to de-mold from cake pan. Let it cool. It has baked nice and brown at the bottom.
- Flip onto another plate and spongy custard cake is ready to have. I was in such a hurry that I didn’t wait for the cake to cool down a bit, when I flipped on to plate the top layer got stuck to plate. I really wanted to have very hot cake. Yummm yummy, that’s how my son says.
Enjoy your monsoon with this yummy cake.