I made this Banana cake almost couple of months ago and clicked pics, however didn’t make it to blog. This cake was a super hit, it got over the same day. Cake was super spongy and melted away in the mouth. I can still recollect the taste, I even kept the cake pic as my WA status too then, I know this sounds crazy. I have been experimenting with eggless cake recipes, I will write about them very soon.
Here goes the recipe of banana cake.
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Butter/Oil – 1 cup
Bananas – 2 ripened
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla Essence – 1tsp
- Maida/all-purpose flour – 2 cups + 2tbsp for dusting cake tin
- Baking powder – 2tsp
- Tuity fruity
- Bundt pan
- Place the bottom plate of bundt pan with soil on gas stove at low flame. By the time we prepare the cake batter, plate will be preheated.
- Grease the bundt pan with oil and dust with flour.
- Sieve maida and baking powder together and keep it aside.
- Grind the sugar into powder.
- Add banana and oil and blend with sugar powder.
- Add eggs and blend again.
- Add the sieved dry ingredients to the wet mixture little at a time, blend/whisk until you get a dropping consistency, add water if required.
- Pour the batter into cake pan, tap the cake pan to level the batter, and place it on the preheated plate. Cooking time varies depending on the flame and cake pan size. For my pan it takes about 20 to 25 min to bake cake.
Put the flame on high for 2 min, and on low flame for 10 min, when the cake is half done, turn the cake pan 180 degrees, so that cake gets even heat. Another 10 min and cake is done.
- Check by poking a tooth pick or knife in the cake till the bottom, if cake is done, knife comes out clean, if not bake for another 2 to 5 min and check again.
- Turn off the gas, once the cake cools down a bit, when it is still warm, turn the pan upside down on to a plate to demold from cake pan.
Let it cool and refrigerate it for an hour. Soft and spongy yummy banana cake is ready to eat. Cake tastes even better the next day. Hurray my son loved it. That’s what matters the most for every mom.